Wha Saw the 42nd revisited - with video

Of all the songs I've written about on this blog, the one that received far and away the most comments was "Wha Saw the 42nd," Song #20 (to read them, click on the song's title in the list at the right side of this page).  And the comments have come regularly every few months for 5-6 years.

Last week I recorded the girls at Camp Ajawah in Minnesota singing "Wha Saw."  They use it as a round in the Mess Hall following meals.  I missed the first second or two, and once you have nine tables of eight singing along, it's hard to make out the words and melody.  The occassional loud bang you hear is girls keeping beat by banging their fists on the table at the start of a measure.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this! I was driving home and that song popped into my head. I couldn't remember all the words. I learned the song at girls camp back when i was a kid. Kinda funny..i was listening to your recording and I thought to myself how much it sounded like our mess hall or our lodge..it was then I noticed you said what Camp. It is no wonder it sounded familiar, It was Ajawah! What a coincidence! All 6 of us kids went to Ajawah. Some of us went on to be counselors as well. My mom was the camp nursie during boys camp for many many years. You gave me a bit of my childhood to reminisce about.